NFL or college football on the iPad

pererau

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I'm hoping somebody can help me. We cut the cord as far as Comcast, but I really love football, and I would love to be able to watch NFL and/or college football games like you can with the major-league baseball app. I hunted around a little online and besides a lot of questionable links and sites, the only other thing I can find is to get the DirecTV NFL app, but then I have to pay $250 for the service, and another hundred for the app. And it does not include college football at all.

Am I out of luck? Somebody come to my rescue!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Download the WatchESPN app to watch various college football games. However, you will need to have an account setup via a cable or satellite provider to watch. You may be able to use your current info, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
What I do is use Sirius Radio (app). No video but you get the live radio broadcasts of all the NFL games. There is a service charge but it's pretty cheap and well worth it to me.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I watch many games on ESPN APP but listen to my local announcers call them game on the radio. (I have a Cox Cable sub.)

When I'm out of town I use the ESPN app and use Tune In Radio to acces my local announcers.

Good Luck

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You need cable for the ESPN app for some college and the package from directv for the NFL. The NFL is heavily locked down so thats it for it. There may be other options for college but none I am aware of. Sports are the only reason I still have TV service. Moved to satellite this month for Sunday ticket.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I'm hoping somebody can help me. We cut the cord as far as Comcast, but I really love football, and I would love to be able to watch NFL and/or college football games like you can with the major-league baseball app. I hunted around a little online and besides a lot of questionable links and sites, the only other thing I can find is to get the DirecTV NFL app, but then I have to pay $250 for the service, and another hundred for the app. And it does not include college football at all.

Am I out of luck? Somebody come to my rescue!

I think you can get the NFL through VZW's app/service for something like $5/month. Can?t say for sure because I have AT&T for wireless... but I have DirecTV Sunday Ticket for NFL and ESPN for NCAA.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro