- 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM #2
- 06-27-2012, 05:03 AM #3
I am having a consistent problem with this app. I have every subscription set to auto download. When I open the app, I see the unplayed list refresh but none of the episodes are downloading.
Anyone experience this?
TIA!Co-Host On the iPhone Docked Podcast
PDA Lineage: Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond,iPhone 3G 16GB,iPhone 3GS 16GB/WiFi Ipad 16GB,iPhone 4 32gb,iPhone 4s 32gb
- 06-27-2012, 05:58 AM #4
- 06-27-2012, 06:15 AM #5
- 06-27-2012, 06:18 AM #6
- 06-27-2012, 06:30 AM #7
- 06-27-2012, 08:12 AM #8
- 06-27-2012, 08:35 AM #9
- 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM #10iPhone Intermediate
- 102 Posts
- iOS Version
i have it set to auto-download new eps, lets see if it works. the post on imore actually said you have to be in the app for it to download so that kinda sucks. no push notifications sucks too. alert me when theres a new podcast to download at least!
- 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM #11
- 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM #12
So far I'm not a fan at all. I see no compelling reason to switch from downcast to this app. I have tried it out for a few days and have been unimpressed. I'm not a fan of how it continues to stream the next episode in line if it's not downloaded to your subscription. I could see this seriously wrecking someone's data plan and causing overages. It does seem like a great start though. I would like to see iCloud integration with AppleTV in the future.
- 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM #13
- 06-29-2012, 08:39 AM #14
- 06-29-2012, 10:40 PM #15
- 06-30-2012, 12:11 AM #16
- 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM #17iPhone Newbie
- 21 Posts
- iOS Version
I love podcasts and was so excited when Apple released this app. I'm sorry to say it's nearly unusable for me. Way too many bugs.Here are my problems:
1) The playhead rarely advances as I listen to a podcast; doesn't matter whether I'm streaming or downloading.
2) Podcasts sometimes (often) don't resume where I left off (on the same device)
3) Downloaded podcasts often disappear before I've listened to them (and before a newer episode is available). They just vanish and appear with the download arrow again.
4) App is pretty laggy, especially when I first open it.
- 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM #18
- 07-02-2012, 09:14 PM #19
- 07-03-2012, 10:26 AM #20
I tried Podcast for several days and have deleted it from both my iPhone and iPad.
What I liked about it:
- Clean interface
- Easy to search podcasts
- Easy to subscribe to podcasts
What I didn't like about it:
- Artwork not always downloaded
- No Settings for me to adjust UI, playback, etc.
- Not enough playback speed options
- Not enough playback skip options (want more than 30 sec. in either direction)
- Podcasts often reverted to unplayed status even though I had previously finished them
- Playback did not always pick up where I left off
These are just a few items of the top of my head. I think I've been spoiled by the Downcast app and the controls it provides (not an advertisement - I just prefer Downcast to the other podcast apps I've tried). I'll gladly give Podcast a try again once iOS 6 is released, as I would expect that by then it will include a host of improvements.
Last edited by rdrum; 07-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.
- 07-03-2012, 06:57 PM #21
- 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM #22
- 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM #23