- 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM #2
- 06-27-2012, 05:03 AM #3
- 06-27-2012, 05:58 AM #4
I've had similar problems with auto-download. Out of the blue, a podcast from a year or more in the passed will start downloading. This occurs despite having marked all episodes as played, and keeping only unplayed episodes.
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bbi5jy
- 06-27-2012, 06:15 AM #5
- 06-27-2012, 06:18 AM #6
- 06-27-2012, 06:30 AM #7
- 06-27-2012, 08:12 AM #8
- 06-27-2012, 08:35 AM #9
- 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM #10
- 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM #11
- 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM #12
So far I'm not a fan at all. I see no compelling reason to switch from downcast to this app. I have tried it out for a few days and have been unimpressed. I'm not a fan of how it continues to stream the next episode in line if it's not downloaded to your subscription. I could see this seriously wrecking someone's data plan and causing overages. It does seem like a great start though. I would like to see iCloud integration with AppleTV in the future.
- 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM #13
- 06-29-2012, 08:39 AM #14
- 06-29-2012, 10:40 PM #15
- 06-30-2012, 12:11 AM #16
- 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM #17iPhone Newbie
- 21 Posts
I love podcasts and was so excited when Apple released this app. I'm sorry to say it's nearly unusable for me. Way too many bugs.Here are my problems:
1) The playhead rarely advances as I listen to a podcast; doesn't matter whether I'm streaming or downloading.
2) Podcasts sometimes (often) don't resume where I left off (on the same device)
3) Downloaded podcasts often disappear before I've listened to them (and before a newer episode is available). They just vanish and appear with the download arrow again.
4) App is pretty laggy, especially when I first open it.
- 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM #18
- 07-02-2012, 09:14 PM #19
Hope so. Just deleted the app from both my iPad and iPhone. Something about demonic downloads of two year old podcast episodes. Kind of like a zombie app. Episodes marked as played keep coming back randomly as unplayed.
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uwtk41
- 07-03-2012, 10:26 AM #20
I tried Podcast for several days and have deleted it from both my iPhone and iPad.
What I liked about it:
- Clean interface
- Easy to search podcasts
- Easy to subscribe to podcasts
What I didn't like about it:
- Artwork not always downloaded
- No Settings for me to adjust UI, playback, etc.
- Not enough playback speed options
- Not enough playback skip options (want more than 30 sec. in either direction)
- Podcasts often reverted to unplayed status even though I had previously finished them
- Playback did not always pick up where I left off
These are just a few items of the top of my head. I think I've been spoiled by the Downcast app and the controls it provides (not an advertisement - I just prefer Downcast to the other podcast apps I've tried). I'll gladly give Podcast a try again once iOS 6 is released, as I would expect that by then it will include a host of improvements.
Last edited by rdrum; 07-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.
- 07-03-2012, 06:57 PM #21
- 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM #22iPhone Newbie
- 21 Posts
Link to Breen's article:
Podcasts for iPhone and iPad - Computerworld
- 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM #23