Get video off of iPad without erasing

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a new computer and I had put movies onto my iPad from the old one. When I try to get them off of the iPad and onto the new one, it says that they will be erased and replaced with those on the new instance of iTunes (that is...nothing at the moment). Is there any way to get them off without going through iTunes? (Or, alternatively, a way to get them off WITH iTunes?) Thanks!

-mtmjr90

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If you purchased them on iTunes, it will be under your past purchases on the new computer and you can just download them again. If you loaded them via another app like VLC there are file manager apps for your pc or Mac that should let you download them.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you purchased them on iTunes, it will be under your past purchases on the new computer and you can just download them again. If you loaded them via another app like VLC there are file manager apps for your pc or Mac that should let you download them.

Unfortunately, neither of these is my situation... I have one PC. I loaded the files onto the iPad using iTunes while Windows 7 was installed on the PC. Then, I wiped my PC and put Windows 8 on it. I did this while in the process of moving and while all my files are backed up on an external hard drive, it has not arrived yet at my new address. Mostly I'm being impatient...I guess I can just wait for that to get here=/ Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Mostly I'm being impatient...I guess I can just wait for that to get here=/ Thanks!
This is one time when you need to be patient. When the external drive arrives, connect it, then launch iTunes, and point it to your existing library on the external drive before you do anything with syncing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox