Issues with Itunes 10.6.1.7?

jmh11090

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I recently updated my itunes on my pc.(windows 7 64bit) and have been experiencing some issues with itunes that has made it almost impossible to use. Anytime I try to add music or sync it wit my Iphone4 i always get an error stating that itunes has stopped working. Ive tried running it as an admin, under xp sp3 mode, and even reinstalling but i still get the error. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Thanks!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have similar system (custom build win7-64bit) as you have and iTunes is the only program I ever have issues with. I run intense games, photoshop, etc without any issues. If it wasn't for all the apple stuff I have I'd dump iTunes.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Judy__

May 16, 2012
Visit site
itunes 10.6.1.7 crashes downloading podcasts- win7 64bit

Curiously the podcasts will download one by one using manual update but if you referesh the list of podcasts it crashes. This seems like a simple programming error. Doesn't Apple test their software?

The crashes aren't really related to syncs - it is the downloading part that seems the villain.

I suspect it is a security "feature" that involves checking licenses. I've also tried all the routines of de-install, install, running as administrator, etc. Nothing works.

Since I have about 100 news podcasts, the prospects of having to update them all manually one-by-one every day really makes iTunes useless.

This is the 3rd version of itunes that is buggy. The old one used to generate a msvcr80.dll error. This bug doesn't even create an error number.

I refuse to pay for a support call because there is nothing wrong on the hardware side. (my ipod is old but crashes occur whether or not the ipod is connected to the pc.).

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently updated my itunes on my pc.(windows 7 64bit) and have been experiencing some issues with itunes that has made it almost impossible to use. Anytime I try to add music or sync it wit my Iphone4 i always get an error stating that itunes has stopped working. Ive tried running it as an admin, under xp sp3 mode, and even reinstalling but i still get the error. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Thanks!

1. Remove iTumes with the rest of the Apple suite - Device Support, Automatic Update, Bonjour, etc.
  2. Delete the Apple folder in Program Files\Common Files (in both Program Files folders)
  3. (Optional) run a registry cleaner - CCleaner is a good one and it's free.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Reinstall iTunes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmh11090

jmh11090

May 15, 2012
Visit site
  1. Remove iTumes with the rest of the Apple suite - Device Support, Automatic Update, Bonjour, etc.
  2. Delete the Apple folder in Program Files\Common Files (in both Program Files folders)
  3. (Optional) run a registry cleaner - CCleaner is a good one and it's free.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Reinstall iTunes.

I went ahead and followed your steps and deleted everything apple and ran ccleaner. After a reboot and install, Everything seems to work perfectly!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR