iTunes wifi synch

Hewlett

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
iTunes wifi sync

I cannot get the iTunes wifi sync to work for longer than 5 days. Then the computer will not see the phone. If the computer sees the phone, the phone does not see the computer. Sometimes rebooting the computer works, sometimes not. Rebooting the phone does not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes over and over. I am syncing my Outlook; it has to be done twice a day. It is frustrating and time wasting. Any suggestions as to the issue and the solution? Eternal gratitude to follow solution.

Last edited:

Etermonk

Banned
Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not very impressed with iTunes wifi sync - it seems like an undeveloped feature. I did enable it for a couple of weeks for my iPhone - but apart from random disconnects and slower syc it didn't bring anything new. I would advise you to avoid wifi sync from now....

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I have to close and reopen my iTunes and that usually fixes it. It should be more consistent but it feels as though it needs to be updated.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried using WiFi sync also but had the same problems.

I'd suggest one of two things:
1) Try to move entirely to the cloud. I believe there must be a way to sync Outlook over the air (I've never used it, but have heard others doing similar things)
2) Buy a charging dock (if you don't have one already) and connect it somehow to the PC with iTunes on. That way every time you charge the phone, it will sync as well.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On the rare occasion my computer fails to recognize my iPhone or iPad when I'm ready for a wireless sync, I simply plug it directly into the computer and it's recognized again. I've never had to reboot.

Are you using a Mac or PC?

Hewlett

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
PC.

If going to computer USB would establish "recognition" again for a period, I might be able to live with as a quirk. However, that does not happen. When I resort to direct to computer and then unplug, iTunes has "amnesia" instantly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234