keeps asking for password

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
itunes on my phone (iphone 4 5.1) keeps asking for my password every time I open an app. I have tried all the normal fixes but nothing helps.

I should note, that I can hit cancel and the app works fine.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
itunes on my phone (iphone 4 5.1) keeps asking for my password every time I open an app. I have tried all the normal fixes but nothing helps.

I should note, that I can hit cancel and the app works fine.

Any ideas or suggestions?

What are the "normal fixes" you mentioned? How long has this been going on? Are you using anything that can restrict usage like the Apple Configuration? The reason I ask is because you mentioned that iTunes is asking for your password every time you "open an app".

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
closing all apps, restoring iphone as new and from backup, logging out and back in, rebooting phone.... all the normal fixes........

happening for the past two days. Not using anything that can restrict usage.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
closing all apps, restoring iphone as new and from backup, logging out and back in, rebooting phone.... all the normal fixes........

happening for the past two days. Not using anything that can restrict usage.

Oh dang! You have indeed done everything. You might want to check your payment information and make sure you don't have an expired credit/debit card on file. I had something similar and it turned out that my credit card had expired. Once I updated it, all was well again.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually just changed my billing method recently. Everything works fine and is not expired. I will try adding it again.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why would iTunes.app ask your password only when you open another app... Are your apps related to iTunes.app in any way? Does this happen when you're in your homescreen? Do you have some kind of subscription going on where things download in the background? Also are you jailbroken?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem too and its asking for my apple id password, yahoo email and gmail passwords.

Any suggestions?

Did the OP find a solution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73