What would you change in iTunes?
It's a generally-accepted attitude that iTunes is dated and desperately due for an update. I'm curious, what specifically would you guys change? Personally, I think it's just time for a UI update... Pretty much all of the functionality I want is there.
- 04-13-2012, 10:48 AM #2
- 04-14-2012, 10:16 PM #3
- 04-15-2012, 03:57 AM #4
What up with people wanting an UI update? Change for the sake change is pointless (same could be said for the iPhone enclosures). Unless the changes contribute something to the experience/functionality/ease of use, I'm not interested in relearning how to use iTunes.
As to what I want to see: either change the name of the application to reflect its multipurpose nature, or break apart the app's functionality either into separate apps, or a main app with lots of addons/extensions.
- 04-15-2012, 08:11 AM #5Change for the sake change is pointless (same could be said for the iPhone enclosures).Unless the changes contribute something to the experience/functionality/ease of use, I'm not interested in relearning how to use iTunes.
Besides, just because YOU may not be interested in relearning how to use iTunes doesn't make what you want more important than what others may want.
I hope my reply doesn't seem harsh because that is not my intent.
Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
- 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM #6
- 04-17-2012, 04:31 AM #7
- 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM #8
- 05-08-2012, 03:12 PM #9
Only have one issue with Itunes that i wish would be fixed... Syncing the music to my ipod isn't always perfect.. what i mean by that is i've arranged and edited my itunes library exactly how i want it but when i sync to my ipod sometimes on a song to song basis it doesn't sync all the info perfectly to my ipod... and sometimes i get a duplicate sync... sometimes songs from same album will be in 2 separate folders.. which sucks because u can't listen to entire album continuously...
- 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM #10
- 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM #11
- 06-08-2012, 09:32 PM #12
Now, that media can be stored on external media... which at this time is the ONLY way to solve the issue of ever growing media libraries... and iTunes is quite crippled when it comes to managing this mess. You can put your iTunes library anywhere you want, but often times at considerable effort to make it work. Another option is to stick movies on a network drive and then only "reference" them with iTunes - that is, don't copy them into the iTunes media folder... but that, too, has it's issues.
My biggest beef with iTunes is in this area. I truly hope this rumored "redesign" takes this into account... I have over 250 commercial movies (yes, they're all legally owned by me), over 200 GB of "home" movies - videos of our family, kids, grandkids, etc, somewhere close to 1,000 hours of television shows (all legal), over 8,000 songs (again, all legal)... I need help managing this within iTunes.
- 07-07-2012, 09:35 AM #13
- Make it more efficient on resources. It's a PIG!
- Automatic folder tracking! Why do I have to go through and re-add everything just 'cause I added a new album or a few tracks? (no, I do not let iTunes manage my files. They are just the way I like them and I don't need iTunes messing with them)
- Leave my ID3 tags alone. Stop changing the title field.
- Let *ME* decide when you stop updating a podcast. If I'm subscribed, go get the files! If I fill up my hard drive with episodes I haven't listened to, that's my fault.
- Make it more difficult to duplicate tracks I send to my iDevice. If I choose the same song off two different compilation albums, those are two different physical files but if I choose the same file, why do you push it to the device as another file?
- Fix the WiFi sync. Zune has been doing it for years and it's seamless. Why can't Apple get it right?
- If I update a video's media type to Television, make that permanent. If I decide to refresh my library, don't jumble them all in with the movies.
The interface could use a little bit of cosmetic update but it's fine the way it is.
Last edited by jfusco; 07-07-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: One more thing...