Transfer from iPhone 4S to new laptop

babytigger88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My fiancé bought an iPhone 4S and did a sync to his old laptop. The laptop was old and crashed so he bought a new one. Now he's afraid if he syncs up his phone with the new computer he will lose everything on his phone that's not on the new computer. Is there a way to avoid this and to transfer the music and apps to the computer?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xyeqbd

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tell him he'll need to purchase a 3rd party app to get his music and photos off the iPhone and onto the new computer.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No need for purchases in my opinion. If the media is bought from iTunes you'll be able to download it again from the cloud (in the iTunes Store - see the Purchased tab?)

If your media is from other sources (CD, Amazon, etc) go get i-FunBox. It's a free download compatible with Mac & Windows. There is no Jailbreak required to use most of the features.

babytigger88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
No need for purchases in my opinion. If the media is bought from iTunes you'll be able to download it again from the cloud (in the iTunes Store - see the Purchased tab?)

If your media is from other sources (CD, Amazon, etc) go get i-FunBox. It's a free download compatible with Mac & Windows. There is no Jailbreak required to use most of the features.

He has roughly 1700 songs. Is there a limit in how much you can transfer or is it unlimited? Some of its from iTunes and the rest is other downloads/uploads

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p1wofs

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Look into sharepod. It's free and will move your music over very easily. Pictures you can get just by plugging it in and not syncing and using windows explorer. :)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Sonlon

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The App bought from iTunes can be downloaded again from iTunes store with free, but the songs and movies can't. However, there still other ways like what Alli says, he can use a third party software to do that.

==================
Methods you may need
Transfer Ebooks from iPod to Computer