Using iTunes on 2 different computers with iPhone 4s?

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
First of all, no, I haven't searched through the forums. I'm so pissed off right now. Here is my scenario:

Computer #1 - Main Home computer. This is where 95% of my music is stored. Sync'd iPhone with this computer.

Computer #2 - Work computer. I have this computer authorised to play music on my account.

Problem: I want to be able to edit my iPhone's playlists while I am at work. Create a playlist, ect. It won't let me. I called Apple, they had me select an option to manually control music, it came up and said it would erase my music from the phone, I told the representative that, he said "It won't erase it". I clicked on OK. Guess What? It erased it you stupid mother f*cker!! I guess that last comment was for me as well, as I should have been smart enough to know, if it said it was going to erase it, do not do it.

Anyways, is it possible to have iTunes control your iPhone from 2 different computers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Todd
iPhone Newbie

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Every time you switch computers, iTunes/iPod/iPad/iPhone will insist on wiping the device to sync with a different computer. As far as I know, that's how ti works and there's no way around it.

Maybe something in the jailbreak arena, but none that I know of.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I myself just got a new laptop this past weekend. I have always kept my files on an external hard drive.
In my documents i found where the itunes sync filesare and put them onto my external hd and then moved them to the new laptop same location. Found them in the itunes and voila there they are. hope this works for you as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711