Computer Died... Need help!!

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
So my laptop battery was dying, only would last 10 minutes off charger. Now, it just doesn't even turn on anymore even plugged in!!! totally dead.

Now this laptop had my itunes on it and all my iphone backups...help? I backup up my itunes library on an external hard drive but that was like 8 months ago and i bought stuff since then...

so, if I get a new computer this weekend, download itunes, and bring in my old itunes library, minus new songs.. will all my apps I purchased be there when I sign in using my apple id??

and when I get a new iphone in future, all the new songs I bought are gone and have to be purchased again? what about apps? i back up my contacts and notes to the cloud so i should be ok there.. are all my songs in cloud somewhere and anyway to get them into my computer itunes??

this stinks.. lost my taxes i just did, documents, pictures... ugh...

ktmind313

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If I understand you correctly I don't think you should have any problems, this is why we have iCloud. However , not sure what will happen when you change devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your iTunes purchases should still be available via iTunes in the 'purchased' section. Having said that, after you've purchased your new laptop and install iTunes, enter your Apple ID, maneuver to the purchased section of the app and re-download all of your songs or only the ones you want. Furthermore, if you have an idevice, you can also download those songs to it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your iTunes purchases should still be available via iTunes in the 'purchased' section. Having said that, after you've purchased your new laptop and install iTunes, enter your Apple ID, maneuver to the purchased section of the app and re-download all of your songs or only the ones you want. Furthermore, if you have an idevice, you can also download those songs to it.

Spot-on. As long as the library on the external disk is fine... one can connect that to a replacement computer and go into iTunes and download previous purchases that are not on any iDevice.

Reactions: Just_Me_D