Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default iPhone4 Playlist Wont Sync?

On my phone if I make a playlist, edit, add, or delete a song from a playlist these changes aren't syncing to iTunes.

When I make the changes in iTunes they sync perfectly the other way to the phone. I've even manually chose "sync" as well as "transfer purchaes" (or something similar to that) . Any Idea's as to why this is happening? I'm hoping it's just a silly oversight by me. Thanks.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,723 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

10.6 is screwing up syncing for me

i manually manage... and if i drag an album into the iphone, then grab a second album and drag it in.. itunes stops syncing the first album and starts the second. I have to wait till each album finishes!!
    something is wrong.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,723 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

And the album covers on only half are syncing. Grrrr!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x

Quote Originally Posted by -ND4SPD- View Post
    On my phone if I make a playlist, edit, add, or delete a song from a playlist these changes aren't syncing to iTunes.

When I make the changes in iTunes they sync perfectly the other way to the phone. I've even manually chose "sync" as well as "transfer purchaes" (or something similar to that) . Any Idea's as to why this is happening? I'm hoping it's just a silly oversight by me. Thanks.
    I had the same problem last week. I called Apple support, and they told me to disable iTunes Match on both my PC and iPhone. After I did, the playlist created on the iPhone synced with iTunes.

The tech said he has received calls about this issue before, and Apple supposedly knows about the issue. When I asked him if the problem had been documented anywhere, he said he didn't think it had, but there had been some discussion on the Apple support forum.

If you are using iTunes Match, you might want to disable it and see what happens.