Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Music Artwork Issue.

So far I've had no issues with this, then last week or so, every time I add a new album (cabled or via wi-fi) it messes up the artwork and I end up with random artwork from completely different albums/artists.

Any ideas/fixes?

Thanks.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Havent had the issue. Try erasing all your music and re-adding it, all though USB.

Global Posts
    2,984 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Had that issue before. I did exactly what totalimmortal described. Just clean music off the phone
    via itunes and USB cable, then re-sync music back.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,378 Global Posts

is your audio embedded in the file or separate? I've only got embedded audio but i've never had such an issues. In fact since i've embedded the artwork in the file pretty much every single file or service sees the are correctly, iphone, pre, itunes, mediamonkey, google music beta, winamp, vlc
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'd kinda given up on artwork, since it almost never transfers over to the iPhone. I just get used to the music note. I've tried embedding and all, but it is all hit or miss, mostly miss.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I am having the same problem.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Latest

After an upgrade to 5.1, my artwork for my newly added music will not sync. If I delete and reinstall I get nothing. Also, I tried deleting an album, then putting it back on my iPhone and got the same result.

Anyone know how to correct this? It's driving me nuts!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S
    Last edited by tnahumck; 04-02-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tnahumck View Post
    After an upgrade to 5.1, my artwork for my newly added music will not sync. If I delete and reinstall I get nothing. Also, I tried deleting an album, then putting it back on my iPhone and got the same result.

Anyone know how to correct this? It's driving me nuts!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S
    Same here since 5.1. First lost my playlist, then when reinstalled some of the songs would not play the artwork was missing on some of them.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I came over from Android, and I used to rip music directly to my device using a bit torrent app on my phone. the only problem with that is the album art was hit or miss, mostly miss. To fix within my phone I used an app that would match up music with album art, i think it just created a relational database and used some online resource to match it up. worked great on my HTC phone, however once i moved over to iOS this was no longer an option. I didn't have time to clean up 5K individual album art/tags. I found TuneUp for iTunes, and I havent looked back since. the software is an add on to iTunes that can clean massive amounts of music at once, and fixes any album art issues.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Re: Music Artwork Issue.

ok I have this album artwork problem also, It was all fine then I used MediaMonkey to organize a huge folder of random music and the next time isynced my phone most of the artwork was scrambled. It happened before when I used MM and now I remember why I stopped. I think I fixed it by reinstalling all the music im not sure but that's what I am doing now. What I find strange is that is that the file I was editing has nothing to do with my iTunes account.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Re: Music Artwork Issue.

One thing I also found is I think it only gets messed up if you plug in your phone while media monkey is on cause it scans your phone then messes up the album art podcast art and also playlist don't work right if you have sub folders. Anyone else have something like this happen?