Can't Sync iPhone or iPad

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So I know this has been a problem for a lot of people and I have seen some pretty random solutions, but none have worked for me. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2. Both are running their latest version of iOS 5. My Macbook has the latest version of iTunes installed. This problem has lasted since the previous version of iTunes as well, however. Basically, neither of my iOS devices will sync. I have tried both syncing over wi-fi and USB cable, and I have had no success. Both devices get stuck on the first step, "Waiting for sync to start." Eventually it will time out and quit. I have tried all of the solutions such as turning off the phone, quitting iTunes and then restarting everything and retrying. Nothing has worked. The only thing I have not tried is uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes as I've read in multiple places that reinstalling iTunes is pretty much never the solution. Even though I know it's not likely, I'm worried about losing information out of iTunes if I tried that. So I'm hoping someone has another solution for me.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried syncing only individual items to try to see where it's getting stuck? For instance, turn off everything except photo sync (no apps, no music, etc.) and see if it syncs. You could have a single corrupt file that's causing iTunes to choke.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have already tried other things and they haven't worked, I would go ahead and uninstall and reinstall iTunes just to see if it would work in your case. If nothing works call Apple care and get them to trouble shoot for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up getting frustrated last night so I just tried to restore my iPhone again. It actually worked this time. I will try that with my iPad and see if that fixes it and for how long.

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind. Just got home and tried to sync it again and it's back to not working. Still stuck on the Waiting for Sync to Start message.

Alli~ I will give that a try and let you know how it goes.

KatherineYH

May 17, 2012
Visit site
\\\connect the iPhone using the cable that came with it to your iMac. Then connect the iPhone and start iTunes. Click the iPhone on the left pane under Devices. Then click the Info tab and make the selections you want and in the lower right choose Sync. You can find a tutorial at

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2