Transfer IPhone Music to ITunes Library

outlawdrummer95

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have an IPhone 4 16GB but realistically it only has about 13.73 GB. The vast majority of the memory is being taken up by music, so I'm going to purchase an IPod classic. On my Iphone there are 1527 songs but in my itunes library there are only 1056. How can I transfer all the songs on my iphone to the library, so when I plug in the ipod classic, I can sync all the music onto it.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You can sync your iPhone to iTunes. It'll copy all the songs over to iTunes so you can sync them over to your iPod.

Absolutely not true!!!

It will wipe the 500 or so extra songs you have on the iPhone and sync with only the ones you have on iTunes....

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not true!!!

It will wipe the 500 or so extra songs you have on the iPhone and sync with only the ones you have on iTunes....

Ah, I forgot to mention the iTunes accounts and such. You could try transferring purchases but I never used that since I have iCloud.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There are several threads about this.....

You can get software that will do it. Some free, some pay. Senuti, iRip, others......

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have an IPhone 4 16GB but realistically it only has about 13.73 GB. The vast majority of the memory is being taken up by music, so I'm going to purchase an IPod classic. On my Iphone there are 1527 songs but in my itunes library there are only 1056. How can I transfer all the songs on my iphone to the library, so when I plug in the ipod classic, I can sync all the music onto it.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Where did the extra 500 songs on the iPhone come from? In fact where did all the songs come from?

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
On my Iphone there are 1527 songs but in my itunes library there are only 1056.

Where did the extra 500 songs on the iPhone come from?

One theory is that they are duplicates on the iphone. Itunes and iphones specifically are pretty stupid when it comes to recognizing duplicates. If you change one little thing in the id3 tag, for example, Imagine you have have the song Like a Virgin by Madonna in itunes and you copy it to your iphone. Then you decide it needs cover art so, on your computer in itunes, you drag cover art the song and save. Then copy the song again to your iphone. It will make second duplicate of that song so you'll have two on your iphone now. Same song except one got the art in the id3 tag changed. And it will happen if you change the Genre or you delete the "Album Artist" or add a "year."

So what could have happened is you dragged and dropped one album once and something small (or big) changed in the file tag and some other time you dragged albums again and made duplicates. I have and 80 GB drive and several times had to wipe the whole drive and start over as i was carelessly making duplicates when i edited tags. Now i'm pretty religious when i change a tag on my desktop always always delete the file on my phone and recopy it from my desktop. I will say this as a caveat 500 dupes would seem like a lot for it to be a result of tag management. Though if you change 1/3 the files from "pop" to "r&b" or something i could see it happening.

The other thing is i've got darn near all of the tags in my library as organized and good as they can be. Everyone has a genre properly named, artists and albums ect. And the ones that i can find cover art have it embedded 100% of the time. After, i got them all pretty perfect i rarely have to edit them and i don't get duplicates very often either.

The other explanation is maybe you just deleted 500 songs off your desktop hard drive on accident.

Last edited:

alexmoose1986

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Some times iTunes may fails to sync your Apple device while trying to transfer your files. At such situation you need an advanced iPod to iPhone transfer application by which you can easily transfer your files. This application easily sync your device and allow you transfer, modify, delete, manage files. Just follow these simple steps to transfer files from one multimedia device to another:

Connect your iPod or iPhone to your computer.
Sync the device for trasnfering data.
Use an application to easily transfer files.
Drag and drop files iPod to iPhone or vice versa.

For more information how oto trasnfer files to Apple's devices through the MacBook or PC you can visit:- *iPod to iPhone Transfer

Source;*iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For purchased music off the iTunes Store

Connect your iPhone, run iTunes wait for your iPhone to show up, right-click on the iPhone icon and click on Transfer purchases.

You can also enable Automatic Downloads for Music, Apps, and Books from your iPhone by going to Settings > Store and toggling the slide next to Music to ON.

7780895352_9e94f656ac_m.jpg

Don't forget to log-in to your iTunes Store account using your Apple ID and password within iTunes on your computer.

Transferring non-purchased music from iPhone to iTunes

Most of the non-purchased songs on your iPhone should already be stored somewhere on your PC. If that is not the case, use one of many non Apple utilities to transfer. Here is a list of ten apps each of which could be useful for transferring non-purchased iPhone music to iTunes.

If you have your iPhone non-purchased music tracks loaded somewhere on an external disk, you can easily import the tracks from that location to straight to your iTunes library by following this Apple guide:

Adding music and other content to iTunes

Finally, you can use Apple's paid service called iTunes Match to upload any tracks you might have stored away somewhere on a dusty hard disk and stream them on both your iPhone and iTunes on your computer. More about the iTunes Match service [URL="https://www.apple.com/itunes/#mn_p]here[/URL].

Bether

Banned
Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Most of the non-purchased songs on your iPhone should already be stored somewhere on your PC. If that is not the case, use one of many non Apple utilities to transfer.

Correct! Many of them are FREE.

Shellfetic

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
If you've purchased the music from itunes, when you plug the iphone in to the pc, it'll ask if you want to transfer purchases to the computer.

Due to the restriction ,we can only transfer our music from PC to IPhone , but not transferring from Iphone to PC if you?ve not purchased them .In this case, transferring your files from Iphone to computer can be a hassle , I think you will need a practical third-party solution .

Last edited:

Babblriy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I was having this exact same problem myself till I figured it out.
1.) With your iPhone plugged in, click on the iPhone button near the top right of iTunes next to iTunes Store.
2.) Click "On This iPhone"
3.) Click "Add To"
4.) Then you can drag music to your phone from your albums, songs list, playlists, etc.
Hope that can indeed help you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes successfully! If I didn't clarify it enough, let me know!  :eek:

Feallytoy

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I was having this exact same problem myself till I figured it out.
1.) With your iPhone plugged in, click on the iPhone button near the top right of iTunes next to iTunes Store.
2.) Click "On This iPhone"
3.) Click "Add To"
4.) Then you can drag music to your phone from your albums, songs list, playlists, etc.

Hope that can indeed help you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes successfully! If I didn't clarify it enough, let me know!  :eek:

Thanks for your guide, it helps me!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro