apps not synced

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We have an iphone in the house we want to upgrade from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1. But I noticed when backing everything up that app sync was unchecked on the computer that the phone syncs with. Sure enough, when I attempted to upgrade, itunes complained that there were apps on the phone that are not in the itunes library. I don't know how app sync got unchecked, but I'm concerned that enabling that option now will screw up the phone because itunes says it's going to replace everything on the phone with what's in the library, which means that data will get lost. Why can't it look at the apps on the phone and leave alone the apps that match, which is most of them, and download from the phone the apps that postdate the last app sync on that computer?

Is there a way to get the itunes library fully updated with the phone without putting the data on the phone in danger? I'm using itunes 10.5.2 on windows 7.

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Before checking it .. Click file and transfer purchases this will put app from your phone to the library

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3cit

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Peligro911, for that embarrasingly simple solution. Face slap over here. Can't believe I never noticed that before. :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2