iPhone's wont sync over wifi

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We have two iPhones. ITunes doesn't show them when we are in our house with wifi. When I go into settings for wifi sync it is grayed out.

But when I plug in the iPhone it will sync. This all started 2 days ago. I have checked to make sure "sync over wifi" box is still checked in iTunes and it is.

Any trouble shooting ideas? Could this because of the newest iTunes update. I am using the current version of iTunes also.

raveniphone

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
We have two iPhones. ITunes doesn't show them when we are in our house with wifi. When I go into settings for wifi sync it is grayed out.

But when I plug in the iPhone it will sync. This all started 2 days ago. I have checked to make sure "sync over wifi" box is still checked in iTunes and it is.

Any trouble shooting ideas? Could this because of the newest iTunes update. I am using the current version of iTunes also.

I have the exact same issue since downloading the latest iTunes 10.5.2.11

I have the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 with the latest software. I did not have this issue until downloading the latest version of iTunes.

Last edited:

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem with my iphone 4 and ipad2. Wifi sync was all set up and working just fine.. and then it wasn't. Don't know if it was a fluke, but I turned both devices off and restarted and when they came back up, iTunes recognized them and I could sync via wifi. Might not be the solution to your problem, but simple enough to try.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This has been a issue since iTunes and iOS 5 was in beta. I will not use wifi sync until this issue gets straightened out. Just plug in and use the cord.

rat tat tat

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had similar problems as well with wifi sync. After I have wifi sync checked in itunes and press apply then sync I have to restart itunes in order for wifi sync to work. Besides that, thats the only way i know of for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

raveniphone

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, mysteriously, mine started working again! Seems like once I fully powered down my computer and turned it back, it's been fine ever since.