Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Default Move iTunes Library and Sync Data to new PC

Hi everyone, I have been syncing my iPad and iPhone to my windows laptop. Now I have bought a lovely macbook pro and I need to start syncing to that, but don't want to lose everything like my app folders on my devices and also the data for apps that don't support iCloud. Is there any way to move the ENTIRE library so my devices don't even realise its a different computer?

Please help

PS both devices are ios5 and I'm running the latest iTunes.
    Love you all :P
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default moving library and sync with another computer

Mark - see my post from yesterday regarding using itunes Homeshare to transfer whole library to another computer - works well although you would have to do this for every user. I have had no reply regarding whether or not the move is permanent, but I would think that if you de-register your old computer when the move is complete then it should be. Keep your old computer or at least the hard drive as a back-up as at the time you made the move. Have since updated software on iphone and everthing updated well, including library. Regards HA58