How to determine which movies are on my ipad

mantryim

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Howdy, I have about 500 movies in iTunes. I then want to sync a subset of those to my iPad and change it every now and then.

When I plug my iPad into my computer and then go into iTunes and click on the movie tab it brings up all 500 movies and then says that there are 20 selected(Or I think that is what it says..)

My question is: How can I quickly tell in iTunes WHICH MOVIES are SYNCED up with my iPAD without having to scroll through all 500 movies looking for those which have a checkbox next to them?

It would be nice if I could sort the ones that are synced to the top or something to that effect.

Thanks in advance!

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Howdy, I have about 500 movies in iTunes. I then want to sync a subset of those to my iPad and change it every now and then.

When I plug my iPad into my computer and then go into iTunes and click on the movie tab it brings up all 500 movies and then says that there are 20 selected(Or I think that is what it says..)

My question is: How can I quickly tell in iTunes WHICH MOVIES are SYNCED up with my iPAD without having to scroll through all 500 movies looking for those which have a checkbox next to them?

It would be nice if I could sort the ones that are synced to the top or something to that effect.

Thanks in advance!

When you have the iPad connected to your computer / iTunes, can you click on Movies under the iPad and not your Library? That should show you what is on the iPad only.

I might be misunderstand the question though. :)

mantryim

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'll see if I can attach a screen shot, but I'll walk you through it first. (Should be attached)

I start up iTunes (No iPad connected). I do see my wife's iPad and my iPhone connected under devices
as they are connecting via WiFi sync.

If I click on Library->Movies I see all of the movies we have listed. Ok, there are a lot...

Ok, now I plug in my iPad via the USB-30pin Dock Cable.

My iPad now shows up under Devices and has a battery symbol next to it, I guess showing that is is charging.
It shows up in the top status bar that it is syncing apps and such that I have installed while not connect
and then that finishes.

I then click on Devices->(My iPad)
It brings up the tabs for: Summary, Info, Apps, Tones, Music, Movies, TVShows, Books Photos screen.

If I click on the Movies tab it shows that SYNC MOVIES is checked and says 15 Movies.
In the screen below that it shows Movies and then has a Thumbnail for EVERY MOVIE that we have in our iTunes
and then it has a checkbox if that movie is actually one of the 15 that I have synced to my iPad.

That is the problem. I want to be able to see just the 15 movies that are synced without scrolling thru
the hundreds that we have looking for just the ones that have a check box next to them.

Sure, I COULD manage the movies thru a playlist and only sync that play list, but I would rather not do
it that way. There has got to be either a better way or something I'm missing.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Playlist is your only other option. I know what you mean though. It's a laggy mess with that many movies and trying to see what is checked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro