Official iTunes Match launch thread!

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So it appears that most of the album artwork from my locally stored songs (the ones that were already stored on my phone) disappeared when I turned on match. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Also, when I shuffle all songs, it includes ones from the cloud that I have not downloaded to my phone. Anyone know of a way to make it just shuffle the songs I have on my phone?

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I didn't read the whole thread but do have a question regarding Match.

I set it up last night and it appears to be working fine on my iPhone4s and iPad2. My home office computer was the machine that I set it up on.

So, can I install iTunes Match on my work computer and have access like I do on my portable devices?

EDIT: NEVERMIND.
I just d/l iTunes to my office PC and logged into the store. I was able to add my computer and have immediate access to my collection.

Last edited:

will_iaint

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Deleting synced songs

Can somebody please tell me [Yes or No] whether or not i need to delete the music i have previously synced off of my iPhone. And can you also assure me that it will not affect my iCloud music at all! -Thanks.

will_iaint

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You need to enable iTunes Match on your phone. Settings -> Music -> iTunes Match.

It will replace the local library with the iTunes Match / iCloud Library. When you go into your Music, you'll be able to see everything, and anything that isn't on the device, but is available in iCloud will have a Cloud icon next to it. You can download per song, or the entire album or even an entire playlist to your device if the songs are not already on your iPhone.

Out of all my music on my phone only 2 albums that appear with the cloud icon. what does that mean?

rum_it

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Songs not being uploaded/matched

Any idea why only 7000 of my 9400 odd songs are being uploaded or matched? There is no "cloud" sign in front of these songs and all of them are 128KBPS or more

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Out of all my music on my phone only 2 albums that appear with the cloud icon. what does that mean?

It seems to me that those albums are stored on the cloud and not locally. If you want them on your phone, just click the cloud icon and they will d/l. Relatedly, if you want to clear some space on your phone, delete songs. When you do, you should see the cloud icon reappear.

Something else I've noticed since I installed iTunes on my office machine this morning is that if I have iTunes do a shuffle, it will play stuff that is locally on my machine and stream stuff from the cloud. The only way the cloud music will reside on my office machine is to actually d/l it.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody please tell me [Yes or No] whether or not i need to delete the music i have previously synced off of my iPhone. And can you also assure me that it will not affect my iCloud music at all! -Thanks.

No, if you delete off your iPhone it will pop back up the iCloud symbol for you to re-download it.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So it appears that most of the album artwork from my locally stored songs (the ones that were already stored on my phone) disappeared when I turned on match. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Also, when I shuffle all songs, it includes ones from the cloud that I have not downloaded to my phone. Anyone know of a way to make it just shuffle the songs I have on my phone?

I'm having issues with artwork too and it appears entirely random which songs have and and which don't. It even happens with albums I recently bough from iTunes.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I use the setting in iTunes that automatically reduces all songs to 128 bits on my iPhone (I do this to save space). Will I not be able to do this anymore with Match?

Thank in advance.

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought of that too, but why would the artwork from the songs that I had on my phone before I enabled match need to be retrieved from Apple's server? Does iTunes Match delete all of your existing artwork and replace it as needed? I have noticed that once I listen to a song it's artwork appears, but not until I listen to it a second time.

SHO_ONE#IM

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be a good idea, but I for one would have liked to have seen this as a means of saving space on my phone not just means of downloading the file. Ok, so it'll clean up the file, but if you were the type of person to have used napster back in the day, not claiming to have done so myself of course, if does little to legitimize your track.

Furthermore, Squeeze Play's FAQ link states : "iTunes match is not an amnesty program. Because there is no way to prove that matched songs came from a legitimate source, you can't claim you "own" the songs simply because you have a matched version." I'm still on the first page of this forum, but I can't see a real reason for this service..

will_iaint

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that those albums are stored on the cloud and not locally. If you want them on your phone, just click the cloud icon and they will d/l. Relatedly, if you want to clear some space on your phone, delete songs. When you do, you should see the cloud icon reappear.

Something else I've noticed since I installed iTunes on my office machine this morning is that if I have iTunes do a shuffle, it will play stuff that is locally on my machine and stream stuff from the cloud. The only way the cloud music will reside on my office machine is to actually d/l it.

Yea. The icon showed for those two because I hadnt had the chance to sync it with my phone so they automatically showed as in the cloud. The others i just had to go thru and delete.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm not impressed with iTunes Match. Here are my gripes with it so far...

1. Matching is super picky. Why won't all my tracks match? Drives me nuts
2. iTunes Match Error. I always get an error asking me to log out and then log in. This happens almost every time I boot iTunes.
3. Download errors. Downloads will retry four times then I get "error - 100000000000' or something.
4. Only can stream on iDevices when on WiFi. Carrier dependent?

It pretty much sucks and not even worth $1 for a 12 month subscription.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm not impressed with iTunes Match. Here are my gripes with it so far...

1. Matching is super picky. Why won't all my tracks match? Drives me nuts
2. iTunes Match Error. I always get an error asking me to log out and then log in. This happens almost every time I boot iTunes.
3. Download errors. Downloads will retry four times then I get "error - 100000000000' or something.
4. Only can stream on iDevices when on WiFi. Carrier dependent?

It pretty much sucks and not even worth $1 for a 12 month subscription.

I agree with #1. But I have had tracks that I removed from iCloud and sent again and it worked.
#2. I have been lucky, not a single issue.
#3. I have this on exactly 1 song. The thing that bugs me is I can't ever get rid of it on my iPhone.
#4. Has worked flawlessly for me over 3G on Verizon/iPhone 4