Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

I use the setting in iTunes that automatically reduces all songs to 128 bits on my iPhone (I do this to save space). Will I not be able to do this anymore with Match?

Thank in advance.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

I thought of that too, but why would the artwork from the songs that I had on my phone before I enabled match need to be retrieved from Apple's server? Does iTunes Match delete all of your existing artwork and replace it as needed? I have noticed that once I listen to a song it's artwork appears, but not until I listen to it a second time.
    iPhone Newbie

This seems to be a good idea, but I for one would have liked to have seen this as a means of saving space on my phone not just means of downloading the file. Ok, so it'll clean up the file, but if you were the type of person to have used napster back in the day, not claiming to have done so myself of course, if does little to legitimize your track.

Furthermore, Squeeze Play's FAQ link states : "iTunes match is not an amnesty program. Because there is no way to prove that matched songs came from a legitimate source, you can't claim you "own" the songs simply because you have a matched version." I'm still on the first page of this forum, but I can't see a real reason for this service..
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmuncy View Post
    No, if you delete off your iPhone it will pop back up the iCloud symbol for you to re-download it.
    I figured it out and the answer is yes. Once i went thru on my phone [side swipe/ delete] the cloud icon popped up and proceeded to download.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    It seems to me that those albums are stored on the cloud and not locally. If you want them on your phone, just click the cloud icon and they will d/l. Relatedly, if you want to clear some space on your phone, delete songs. When you do, you should see the cloud icon reappear.

Something else I've noticed since I installed iTunes on my office machine this morning is that if I have iTunes do a shuffle, it will play stuff that is locally on my machine and stream stuff from the cloud. The only way the cloud music will reside on my office machine is to actually d/l it.
    Yea. The icon showed for those two because I hadnt had the chance to sync it with my phone so they automatically showed as in the cloud. The others i just had to go thru and delete.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    iOS Version

How do you delete songs after you have d/l'ed them to your phone (no cloud next to them)?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by wamadden4 View Post
    How do you delete songs after you have d/l'ed them to your phone (no cloud next to them)?
    Swipe over the track name right to left. A delete button will appear. Press that and the cloud icon will reappear.
     Verizon iPhone 6 Space Grey (64GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  13" MacBook Pro Retina  3rd gen TV
    Thanked by:
    wamadden4 (11-18-2011)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

So far I'm not impressed with iTunes Match. Here are my gripes with it so far...

1. Matching is super picky. Why won't all my tracks match? Drives me nuts
    2. iTunes Match Error. I always get an error asking me to log out and then log in. This happens almost every time I boot iTunes.
    3. Download errors. Downloads will retry four times then I get "error - 100000000000' or something.
    4. Only can stream on iDevices when on WiFi. Carrier dependent?

It pretty much sucks and not even worth $1 for a 12 month subscription.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
    So far I'm not impressed with iTunes Match. Here are my gripes with it so far...

1. Matching is super picky. Why won't all my tracks match? Drives me nuts
    2. iTunes Match Error. I always get an error asking me to log out and then log in. This happens almost every time I boot iTunes.
    3. Download errors. Downloads will retry four times then I get "error - 100000000000' or something.
    4. Only can stream on iDevices when on WiFi. Carrier dependent?

It pretty much sucks and not even worth $1 for a 12 month subscription.
    I agree with #1. But I have had tracks that I removed from iCloud and sent again and it worked.
    #2. I have been lucky, not a single issue.
    #3. I have this on exactly 1 song. The thing that bugs me is I can't ever get rid of it on my iPhone.
    #4. Has worked flawlessly for me over 3G on Verizon/iPhone 4
     Verizon iPhone 6 Space Grey (64GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  13" MacBook Pro Retina  3rd gen TV
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

How do you remove tracks from the cloud?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
    How do you remove tracks from the cloud?
    There should be a checkbox asking you if you want to remove the track from the cloud as well as your library.

Conversely, if you want to remove the track from the cloud only, you should do so from another computer linked to your library. It will remove from the cloud, and when you return to the prime computer, the track will show up as "removed" for the icloud status.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

I've got iTunes Match running here in Canada! Still having troubles figuring out how to make sure my husband can access my iCloud for the songs. Any suggestions. Like should he be signed into my iCloud in order to get all the music that we have on my main account.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

So I've got the iTunes match all figured out, this is great actually, well worth the $27.99 CDN they are charging. It's simple to match the songs on your hard drive to the cloud and then you can access them from any device. Mush less complicated than before, trying to get all your songs from different places into one place.

Now I'm importing all my CD's so I can match those to my iTunes. I have to admit I initially thought this service would be useless, however now I'm finding it quite useful!

iPhone Nanite

Default Registered in the UK

I've just registered in the UK but the match process fails at the 'Waiting for Apple to deliver your Itunes Match results' stage with a 'The network connection timed out' message.

Is this because their servers are being thrashed. Is anyone else from the UK making it through the process ?
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

I've now imported a bunch of CD's and I'm getting stuck on step 2 of the Match process, there are 6 songs left to import and they just won't, no matter how long I wait! So I've googled it and pretty much have read that people just keep trying to start and stop the match sequence and eventually it will work. I have restarted iTunes and the computer, to see. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'm kind of wondering if Apple match servers are getting hammered right now because of the International release of iTunes Match. Likely patience will solve this issue!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

So I was able to solve my issues by being patient and trying to match over and over. Eventually it worked! So I think that it may just be an issue of a server over load.
    iPhone Newbie

Default iTunes Match

So, how do I actually know if I am now listening to the new and improved version of my songs? They say "matched" but some of them have not improved. There is a distinct drop off in the volume of songs...i am always having to adjust the volume...if they are matched why not the same volume all the time?
    iPhone Nanite

Default Trouble uploading short (< 10 sec) tracks

I uploaded my iTunes library to iCloud a couple of days ago. I have 2 "songs" that iCloud marks "ineligible". They are silence spacers of, respectively, 5 seconds and 8 seconds. I use these in playlists to separate two songs that would otherwise mash up too closely. Why won't iCloud upload these brief tracks? I'm not very happy, because iCloud rearranged all my playlists to take the spacers out -- and now the playlists all have to be reconfigured.

Anybody know how to get really short tracks to upload to iCloud?

Thanks in advance.
    GoshJosh
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123