Sorting Playlists?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about sorting music on the iPhone that I haven't been able to get to the bottom of, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Here is the situation: I keep two playlists on my iPhone.
-One is called "iPhone" and it contains fifty full albums by different artists.
-The other is called "Party Mix" and contains several hundred songs, all by different artists.

My issue is that when I open my Artists tab in the Music app, I now have those several hundred extra entries (the Artists from the Party Mix), which are now mixed in with all of the artists from my "iPhone" playlist. And because all of the Party Mix artists only have one track, it's unlikely I'll ever want to choose one of them from the Artists list. At the same time, I don't want to rename them all with the same artist name, because when the mix is playing I'd like to see who it is.

I thought I could solve this by going to the "iPhone" playlist and then simply sorting by Artist, but it seems you can't do that on the iPhone--you can only see the list of songs in that playlist.

So far the best workaround I've found is to just use the Albums tab instead (I renamed all the albums in the mix playlist to "Party Mix") but it's an imperfect solution. Does anyone have a better suggestion? Ideally, all I'd like to be able to view an Artist list that excludes one of the playlists. Can it be done??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro