- 11-05-2011, 11:39 PM #2
What exact three items are not syncing? When I had to do a restore my three ringtones (purchased through itunes) wouldn't transfer and I got the same message. I had to go into ringtones at the top of itunes (with the phone connected) and delete each one to the recycle bin then open the recycle bin and drag them back into itunes. After syncing again all three were added back. Not sure if ringtones were the issue for you or not, but if so there you go.
- 11-05-2011, 11:58 PM #3
- 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM #5
You can get this error for a variety of reasonsthe format isn't supported, you aren't authorized to play a file, etc. Usually if your syncing a popup box will appear in iTunes with a list (you may need to expand it by clicking a small + sign in the popup) of what the problem files are (not sure if that happens when using the new wifi sync). If you've dismissed that in the past, you may need to use the Reset Warnings option in iTunes. That should give you back a list of problem files.
- 11-14-2011, 02:12 AM #6
I am having wifi syncing issues as well. My iPhone is not showing up in itunes unless i plug it directly into my computer. My iPad was doing this but not it is syncing the way it is supposed to. I also get an error message saying something like syncing did not take place because the syncing program failed to start? That is not much to go on. Any ideas? Thanks.
- 11-14-2011, 08:24 AM #7
- 11-14-2011, 01:11 PM #8
just so i am not missing anything h ow do i enable wifi sync in settings? If i connect via usb to my computer and then on the phone touch the sync now button it seems to bring my device back to the list in itunes. Looking at the itunes wifi sync screen now i see it says tones and movies, it should be doing more than that, shouldn't it? i wanted everything backed up. Thanks.
- 11-15-2011, 12:28 PM #9
I am also getting this error message (see photo). Im on my second iPhone 4S doing the same exact thing.
- I purchased and downloaded an album through iTunes..
- I can play it on my MacBookPro with no issues..
- When I first received my replacement 4S a week ago, all was good, the complete album loaded onto my 4S, no issues, added a couple songs to a playlist, all was good..
- Yesterday I did a restore because of battery issues AFTER installing iOS 5.0.1..
- Today the album WILL NOT sync with my 4S, it plays fine on my MacBook Pro, I always manually manage my music..
I can not figure it out and now this is 2 completely different iPhone 4S's that have had the same issues..
I have downloaded and also installed other CD's and I have no issues, it's this specific album I downloaded through iTunes.. ???????
- I did another restore, it did not work, in fact I now have more than just 1 album that will not sync, I have 44 items!
- I tried unchecking "sync music" and removing all my music from my 4S and rechecking "sync music"..this did NOT work either...
I found a fix that worked for me:
- I deleted the complete album from my iTunes and made sure to empty trash so that the files were completely gone.
- I re-downloaded the album from my "purchases" in iTunes.
- Made sure to check the album to sync to my iPhone.
- Synced my iPhone...all the files loaded properly and play on my iPhone.
Last edited by CalifJewls; 11-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.