Itunes WiFi sync issue with ipad 2 and iphone 4

micstatic

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Guys,
Looked around but couldn't find anybody who is having this issue. The last few weeks, everything worked fine for the wifi sync between the iphone and ipad and my computer. Now, they only sync when connected. Also, in Itunes they no longer show up as devices unless plugged in. Further, itunes doesn't autostart anymore like it had been doing. Any pointers?

THanks,
micstatic

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problems here. iPad is now okay but iPhone is not showing up in itunes unless plugged in and it is not syncing by wifi. Looking for some help! Thanks.

micstatic

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
No. Still having the problem. Every once in a while Itunes will autostart and it will show my two devices, but most of the time this doesn't work. Since I haven't found a solution, I'm hoping the next itunes update will fix this problem.

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It's hit or miss here too and when I wake up there might also be a bunch of errors I have to click through in iTunes

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here! I thought I had inadvertently changed some settings. Sometime iTunes recognizes my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 via wi-fi. Sometimes it does not. Sometimes it sees one and not the other. Sometimes the other and not one! I have unchecked 'open iTunes when connected' so I can't address that issue. But I'm confused about why only one device would show up when they are both configured exactly the same and had been working just fine when initially set up.

This morning I opened iTunes and only the phone was listed under DEVICES. I was able to get iTunes to recognize my iPad by rebooting it while it was plugged into a power source. Could that be a possible solution???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77