HELP - Ringtone Won't Delete (Greyed Out).

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a ringtone via iTunes directly on my iPhone, I sync'd with my itunes which is manually managed and the ringtone appeared in my Ringtones on my local itunes folder.

I decided that I didn't like all the additional text the maker had added so I edited the text on the local itunes version of the file by right clicking and choosing get info and then just editing the artists and the title etc. I then deleted the ringtone on my iphone by selecting the tone and hitting delete on my pc, I then copied the updated version from my itunes to my iphone. All is well except when I sync the previous named file re-appears as a greyed out item, it also creates a purchased folder on my iphone drop down list. I delete both the folder and the greyed out item from the ringtones folder under my iphone and it prompts if I want to delete and I say yes and it goes...then I sync and it comes back greyed out again!

It doesn't show up on my iphone but it just keeps reappearing on my itunes > my iphone > ringtones as a greyed out item and also creates the purchased folder under my iphone....

How can I get rid of this for good? I've tried clicking transfer purchases and it doesn't do anything!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok it's FIXED!!

Another iTunes bug!! I ended up backing up my phone and then restoring that backup and that removed the greyed out temp files.....sick of wasting my time on fixing issues that are just bugs! anyways it's done for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal