iTunes on windows pc keeps opening on its own

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
after updated ios devices and itunes it keeps opening. I have devices to sync when plugged in and i believe it opens then to sync (dont remember and all are currently charged), but nothing is plugged in anymore.

Note: when it open it randomly listed different devices in the house in the left panel as if there were connected but not syncing.

Is there a setting that just needs changed to fix this somewhere and I just cant find it?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I just got an email and i dont know if it is has anything to do with it, but itunes just openen and had my device listed in the left panel as if it were tying to sync.?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In iTunes, each device's Summary page has an Options box at the bottom... first is "Open iTunes when [device] is connected"... try un-checking that and see if the behavior continues or not...

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
In iTunes, each device's Summary page has an Options box at the bottom... first is "Open iTunes when [device] is connected"... try un-checking that and see if the behavior continues or not...

I've tried that. And nothing is connected to power or the pc. Does it automatically open itunes when syncing thru wi-fi?

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So I finally figured it out. I had my back up set to iCloud, but also had sync over wifi checked in itunes If you sync to the cloud you don't need to have sync over wifi selected. The backup to the cloud will automatically happen once the device connects to wifi. Also, when u sync to the cloud, it does not open iTunes on the pc. If and when you sync thru wifi I believe u need to have back up to pc selected. This will launch iTunes on ur pc when the device connects via wifi. When my settings were set up as mentioned above, it looked like the devices were syncing, but they never did.