Moving songs to a new computer?

diegoeatspandas#IM

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought a macbook pro and I wanted to transfer everything from my desktop to my new laptop. I know where all my music is located, but thing is my music was from cd's so I had to manually change names, artists, album art, etc. from itunes by using the get info method. Is there anyway I can keep that information on my new machine? Thank you. Also this is my first mac, so bear with me :p.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Imaging to watch this thread because I am going to treat myself to a MacBook after income tax return comes in. My son will inherit my desktop & I'm so looking forward to getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diegoeatspandas#IM

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I treated myself with the macbook when my financial aid came in and i'm giving my desktop to my dad! :D. This is just my concern seeing as my music library is huge and I don't want to edit every song again! :x

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are a few other threads that get into this in great detail, you can probably find them with a quick search. The bottom line is, just copy your entire iTunes directory, plus the iTunes directory inside your MyDocuments folder onto your Mac.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to just copy your entire iTunes folder and paste it into your Mac. Then just point your MBP iTunes to that library (hold Option while opening iTunes).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2