Sorting movies in iTunes

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I copied a few DVDs to iTunes and some of them are boxsets (like DVD1, DVD2, DVD39). In iTunes I have all DVDs of the box in the same album but in the iTunes folder there's not an folder for the album and then in it the DVDs of it but seperate folders for each DVD. I find it a bit illogical. Is there any way to change that?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You can sort the physical files however you would like. iTunes reads the tag information (id3, but for movies; I think it's named something else) to determine where to put them.

You will have to make sure the option to have iTunes manage your library folders is unchecked.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You can sort the physical files however you would like. iTunes reads the tag information (id3, but for movies; I think it's named something else) to determine where to put them.

You will have to make sure the option to have iTunes manage your library folders is unchecked.

The tools that I use on OS X Lion are:

iD3 Editor is the MP3/music tag editor from Pa-Software.
iDentify is the MP4 video tag editor from Justin Pulsipher.

You can also manually edit many of the tags in iTunes by right-clicking and choosing Get Info. The tags for video are similar/comparable to audio files, including Disk x of y for grouping the files within iTunes itself. However, AFAIK, that does not affect the file structure on your hard drive in which the files are stored.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro