buying songs right from ipod question

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have bought a few songs from the itunes store right from my ipod instead of the computer. So now, they are on my ipod but not in my library on my compter.. how can i get around this because as far as I understand it, you cant easily transfer a song like this from the ipod to your computer itunes library.. or can you?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Connect your iPod to iTunes on your computer and select the option to sync music/songs. All of the songs that are on your iPod will then be stored in your iTunes library.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure??? because I tried something like this a couple of years ago and it deleted everything from my ipod and only gave me what was on the computer!!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the computer that you use is the one you originally synced to. Uncheck the sync box for music first before connecting your iPod, then after you connect your iPod choose the option to sync, or you might get a message asking you if you want to transfer purchases that are found on your iPod to your iTunes, if so select yes and it will transfer your songs to your iTunes library. If you are still unsure, open iTunes and choose the option to manually manage your music.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you plug in your iPod try clicking File>Transfer Purchases. (Or try the same by right-clicking on your iPod name in the left hand column in iTunes.)

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ok, i will try that.. but no, this isn't the original computer I first synced to.. I don't have that anymore. this is a new computer that I loaded my itunes library onto. and i always have the "manually manaage" button checked..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ok, i will try that.. but no, this isn't the original computer I first synced to.. I don't have that anymore. this is a new computer that I loaded my itunes library onto. and i always have the "manually manaage" button checked..

That's cool then because your iTunes library is still linked with your new computer.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Whenever i buy something on my iPhone my iTunes will usually notify when there is something i have and is not on my computer.
I would check your settings to see if that is turned on or update your iTunes.

Other than that. Follow Massie's instructions.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Its all good!! it worked. I know have all the songs I purchased right from my ipod onto my computer.. thanks everyone!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Its all good!! it worked. I know have all the songs I purchased right from my ipod onto my computer.. thanks everyone!!

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you were able to move your songs without a problem. :)

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Irish. lets hope our teams meet in the World Series!! :D

Oh, I'm counting on it, Bosox.
drinking-43.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads