Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default help importing music to iTunes

I have a folder on my macbook pro called "Music". In that folder I had a bunch of music (mp3s) in different folders. One folder for Beatles, one for ColdPlay, one for Michael Jackson and so on.

I want to import all these into my iTunes library. But seems like I have to get all these mp3 files out of their respective folder in order to be able to import them into iTunes. Is there any other way to do it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,931 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    I have a folder on my macbook pro called "Music". In that folder I had a bunch of music (mp3s) in different folders. One folder for Beatles, one for ColdPlay, one for Michael Jackson and so on.

I want to import all these into my iTunes library. But seems like I have to get all these mp3 files out of their respective folder in order to be able to import them into iTunes. Is there any other way to do it.
    If u select the main folder doesn't iTunes pull all sub folders ?
    Also run a search on the main folder "music" for *.mp3 it will show all the mp3 in one list then your can select all copy and paste into a new folder and then select that older in iTunes