jailbreak tried to update version from itunes

jagrek

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi

i have a big problem...

I had jailbroken my ipone 3gs before using cydia..

by mistake i put my iphone to charge when the itunes was on and it tried to update the version to 4.3.3

and then when the problem started.. first there was a problem that the version could not be installed since its jailbroken.. and my phone is shut now

everytime i connect to itunes now a message comes itunes has detected iphone i recovery mode.

i tried to restore the iphone... but that failed too...

please help... on the iphone screen a its asking me to connect the USB to itunes.. even when it is connected...

i just need to get my phone working...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
by connecting to iTunes the update wouldn't just happen it asks "Do you want to apply this upgrade now" or something like that. OK now you had it Jailbroken are you running Windows or Mac? Did you also have it unlocked? If not do you know what version of firmware is on the phone right now?

jagrek

May 12, 2011
Visit site
hey...

yes my friend did press yes to update...
i am using windows and yes its is unlocked too.. the versio is 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 i am not sure..
but it was trying to update it to 4.3.3.

any suggestions...?
sorry about the other post..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so what you need to do is go here Sn0wBreeze | iPhoneHeat since you're unlocked you need to use Sn0wbreeze to update never through Apple. If the baseband did get upgraded your phone will no longer be unlockable and you should tell your friend to pay you back :D So to start I would look for the Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.2 and make your custom firmware. You can get the 4.3.2 firmware here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From You will need to put Sn0wbreeze in Expert mode even though the tutorial says to use Normal mode. Make sure that "Activate the phone" is checked(Hacktivation) this will enable your phone to get past the USB to iTunes screen with your SIM inside. This is going to reload your phone so I hope you have a backup or all your data is teh gone. Once your OS is reloaded go to Settings - General - About and look at your baseband then go here iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone go to Unlock and if your baseband is still unlockable follow the steps and you should be good.

IF the phone was upgraded to 4.3.3 there is a Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.3 too so you can get it at the same link above get the 4.3.3 firmware again at the same link above. Just follow all the same steps but regretfully your baseband might not be unlockable anymore GL.