Phone won't charge or sync with itunes

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Now, this is my second iphone..had to do an insurance claim cause I dropped my first one. I have the USB connected and it doesn't charge nor does it open itunes..really it just acts like its not even connected...

what's wrong?

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Now, this is my second iphone..had to do an insurance claim cause I dropped my first one. I have the USB connected and it doesn't charge nor does it open itunes..really it just acts like its not even connected...

what's wrong?

How to troubleshoot and isolate the problem:

1) Plug it into a different USB port. If it still doesn't work, then that USB port isn't the problem.

2) Plug it into another computer or a wall charger. If it still doesn't work, then the computer is not the problem.

3) Find another USB cable and use that, and if it still doesn't work, then more than likely the phone is the problem.

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Well after troubleshooting, used same cord and plugged it into the wall - charges fine

usb cord into laptop in all ports - didn't work

used different USB into wall - charges fine

used different USB into laptop - didn't work

Finally determined that it must be the laptop since it wasn't even recognizing a new device when plugging in..rebooted

Works fine now!

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well after troubleshooting, used same cord and plugged it into the wall - charges fine

usb cord into laptop in all ports - didn't work

used different USB into wall - charges fine

used different USB into laptop - didn't work

Finally determined that it must be the laptop since it wasn't even recognizing a new device when plugging in..rebooted

Works fine now!

Glad you found the problem! :)

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue except rebooting my laptop didn't solve the issue...any other hints? I had to go to the verizon store and the first pc he plugged it into also didnt recognise the iPhone, but the second one did. Is this a driver issue? I have tried on my desktop as well and get the same result...help please, I need to restore my memos and also jb this thing!

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
as a follow up to my problem and in the hope that if someone else has the same issue, they can try this: change the cord!

I had called into Apple and after spending a good deal of time with me trying to trouble shoot (my pc would not recognize the iphone), they asked that I send it in for a replacement. I decided to go down to the verizon store and asked the lady to try one of their cords...and would you know it, it worked. I then got a new one and sure enough, that worked! Have no clue how the cord's usb would not work but it was still able to charge through the wall charger....

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had a lot of trouble with iTunes on Windows 7, 64 bit. First it had issues "seeing" my iPhone, then it crashed repeatedly when I was trying to add music from CDs. It was so very unstable that I uninstalled and reinstalled it with a fresh download so often that I lost count. Now, I avoid having to deal with iTunes as much as possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711