iPhone Back Up not appearing in iTunes

rrp66

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. There is no back up option in my iTunes. Firmware 4.2.6, iTunes 10.2. I also get an "0xFD72BES" error.

JRoid

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I had to wipe my phone and reinstall since my battery wasn't lasting too long. I tried reinstalling my back up and it didn't let me. GOod thing i have the patience to input all the info again. Hope you saved the information somewhere.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
There is no specific option to backup, it happens automatically when you perform a sync with iTunes; it's the first step if you watch.

To restore from a backup you will restore the iPhone first. This will reinstall the OS. Then it will ask if you want to setup the iPhone as new or from a backup and should list your backup dates and times you can select.

rrp66

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
To restore from a backup you will restore the iPhone first. This will reinstall the OS. Then it will ask if you want to setup the iPhone as new or from a backup and should list your backup dates and times you can select.

Not an option that came up for me and I ran the restore several times in different scenarios just to make sure. It's just not anywhere to be seen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Have you performed a successful sync with iTunes? Do you have iTunes set to sync things that would be backed up?

rrp66

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It synced with iCal, Contacts, Notes, etc. I just never see an option to restore from iPhone back up. Also, there is nothing on the computer that even looks like an iPhone back up. However, I do see an old iPod touch back up file. At least I know that worked at one point. It's just a little frustrating that this function isn't present and my only option is to restore back to original factory settings.

rrp66

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I found the culprit. I never remember doing this, but there is a terminal script that must have been run at one time. It disables any device from backing itself up in iTunes. I entered the opposite script and now everything is ok. Sorry to take up your time. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2