Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Can jailbreak apps be shared between 2 iPhones on same iTunes account?

I just got into the world of jailbreaking yesterday and jailbroke my iPhone 4. I am going to JB my girlfriend's 3Gs this week. I was wondering if, like regular apps in the app store, can jailbreak apps be shared between our phones, or would I/we have to download and/or purchase each app twice so we could each have them? I tried a search and couldn't find an answer to this.

Also, if I have jailbreak apps and sync with iTunes, will iTunes delete the non-app store apps? What about if there are any updates to iTunes or anything? Would I be at risk of losing them then?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

Jailbreak apps/tweaks don't sync to iTunes. Some jailbreak apps can be used across devices but you would have to ask the developer of the apps/tweaks.

 iPhone 5S - 64GB Space Grey
     iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
     MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

So when I sync to iTunes, any cracked apps will sync like normal, but any jailbreak-exclusive apps will do what? Will they be ignored by iTunes as if they don't exist on the device and they will only remain installed on the device?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Tisk tisk, talk of cracked apps is a great way to get banned around here. http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...scussions.html

The tweaks will remain if you sync, but no they are not backed up on iTunes. You need a package from Cydia for that. Try aptbackup or pkgbackup
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

My appologies. As you can see by my post count, I'm new here. At least to the jailbreaking parts of the forums. I was just merely trying to make sure I understood the differences in the types of apps and how they sync or don't sync. I don't have any or condone using pirated content.