Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Transferring balances from an iTunes card to an Apple Gift Card

Has anyone ever gotten an iTunes gift card(s) with the thought in mind that it could be used for the purchase of a product and not music, movies or apps? I have over $500 in iTunes cards for the purchase of my iPad and now I find out that I cannot use them or even transfer them to an Apple Gift card for that purchase. Maybe I am just an ***** for thinking it did not make a difference but I clearly the ***** that has over $500 that I won't use for that much content when all I wanted was to get iPad. Does anyone "know someone" that it happened to or does anyone have any helpful info? PLEASE?????

Thanks!

Eric
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts

I've never had the thought in mind an iTunes card is the same as an Apple gift card. I mean the cards say it, one is for ITUNES, one is for APPLE. Not to laugh, but ouch! There's a huge difference. And no, they won't let you transfer your itunes cards to an Apple gift card. You should just sell your giftcards at a slight loss and move on....

This story is all sorts of hurt