I have an actual question...about iTunes

jms16g

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I ordered new iPhones...a few weeks ago I decided to start the process by making an itunes account. We downloaded over 50 apps, had all my music imported, signed up for a few podcasts, and signed up for ping. Just heard that you can have more than one library. So I created two new libraries, one for me, one for my wife...now everything is gone!! It is a blank iTunes page no apps, no podcasts...nothing. What is the trick to bring up everything back so we can organize our libraries? Please tell me there is a trick.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I ordered new iPhones...a few weeks ago I decided to start the process by making an itunes account. We downloaded over 50 apps, had all my music imported, signed up for a few podcasts, and signed up for ping. Just heard that you can have more than one library. So I created two new libraries, one for me, one for my wife...now everything is gone!! It is a blank iTunes page no apps, no podcasts...nothing. What is the trick to bring up everything back so we can organize our libraries? Please tell me there is a trick.

Your just in the new Library, which is empty, you need to go back to the main Library. No big deal.

If your on a MAC, close Itunes (blue ball underneath is gone, closed), then go to open it, while the icon is bouncing hit and hold the Option button, a screen will pop up that says "choose a Library", select that. Then a new screen will come up with all the librarys you have (main one, called just Itunes), then yours, then your wifes) Choose the one that just says ITUNES.

On a PC im not so sure the steps but if you do a search on itunes libraries you should get it pretty quick!

Last edited:

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Your just in the new Library, which is empty, you need to go back to the main Library. No big deal.

If your on a MAC, close Itunes (blue ball underneath is gone, closed), then go to open it, while the icon is bouncing hit and hold the Option button, a screen will pop up that says "choose a Library", select that. Then a new screen will come up with all the librarys you have (main one, called just Itunes), then yours, then your wifes) Choose the one that just says ITUNES.

On a PC im not so sure the steps but if you do a search on itunes libraries you should get it pretty quick!

Dude...read this! Your in the wrong library. You successfully made the new one but have bypassed the steps to import your stuff to each one.

Edit:
When I say dude read this I mean Dude (op) read what jmill said.

jms16g

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Yes I read this :) but since I'm still on a PC it wasn't a whole lotta help, Thanks anyway though jmill!

jms16g

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out!! The iTunes' old library was stored in "my Music" not in "iTunes" go figure. But thanks for the help everyone!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro