Is it okay to "download and purchase" apps onto iTunes without an iPhone yet?

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a ViP4 in a couple of weeks and already have a list of over 40 apps I'm planning on downloading / purchasing . . .

Question:
Is it okay/safe to download / purchase these apps to my iTunes account and have them sitting there and ready to transfer for my upcoming ViP4? . . or do I have to set up a "Sync" profile on my ViP4 first before downloading/purchasing any apps?

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's ok to download apps in iTunes before you get an actually phone or iDevice.

as long as you have an iTunes account with an active Credit or Debit card on file you can download anything from the store

Thanks to you both for your quick reply. One more question if you don't mind...

Lets say I download 40 apps today . . I'm guessing those apps will sit in iTunes. When I get my iPhone, is this what I need to do?:
1. Plug in the iPhone and create a "sync" within iTunes
2. Load the apps from iTunes onto the iPhone (drag and drop like loading songs onto my iPod?)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No "drag & drop" needed - sync is automagic - If you set it up that way :)

Otherwise there are manual sync options, but none of those involve "drag & drop".

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No "drag & drop" needed - sync is automagic - If you set it up that way :)

Otherwise there are manual sync options, but none of those involve "drag & drop".

Yeah, I plan on doing it manually (if possible) because I'm getting 2 ViP4's soon (one for me and wife). I'm sure wife will not want all of my apps on her phone. I'm hoping I can put some apps on her phone and some on mine etc....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711