Can't log in to iTunes

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just got an ATV yesterday. All set up, can watch youtube (brilliant!), so I know I'm connected properly to my router. But every time I try to log into iTunes, I get an error that the user or password are incorrect/don't exist.

I know it's correct. I even tried logging out of iTunes on my Mac and logging in again just to make sure I had both user name and password right.

Is this a common problem? Is there a different login I should be using with the ATV?

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got an ATV yesterday. All set up, can watch youtube (brilliant!), so I know I'm connected properly to my router. But every time I try to log into iTunes, I get an error that the user or password are incorrect/don't exist.

I know it's correct. I even tried logging out of iTunes on my Mac and logging in again just to make sure I had both user name and password right.

Is this a common problem? Is there a different login I should be using with the ATV?

1. Make sure "home sharing" is turned on in both itunes and ATV
  2. Make sure when you enter your user ID and Password on ATV, that it's case sensitive. (my problem at first when I tried logging in - one letter in my itunes password is capitalized and must be entered same with ATV)

Reactions: Alli

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That's probably it - everything you do on the iPhone automatically capitalizes the first letter.

Will give it another go when I get home - thanks!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
1. Shouldn't be the problem at that stage. Home sharing and finding a library comes next after signing in.
2. Could be it.

Try unplugging the Atv and plugging it back in.

If that doesn't solve, then perhaps it's firewall or wireless security.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's probably it - everything you do on the iPhone automatically capitalizes the first letter.

Will give it another go when I get home - thanks!

No prob . . hope it works for ya. I love my new ATV, streaming iTunes to my tv/surround system and playing it WAY TOO LOUD is really cool :D My wife and dog would disagree

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh