Where is the list of Ringtones in iTunes 10.1.1.4?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I have m4r files in "iTunes\iPhone Ringtones" directory. I created these from my MP3 collection (ripped from my CD's).

These are on my iPhone as well. When my iPhone is plugged-in, the ringtones show up in the Ringtone tab of the iPhone. And the phone syncs with iTunes.

However, there is no list of Ringtones in iTunes! In Library, I see Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Apps, and Radio.

I tried dragging and dropping the folder with m4r files (or individual m4r files) into iTunes window, but nothing happens.

How do I see the list of ringtones in iTunes?

itsdrewbruv

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Try an app called ringtone designer u can get it for free I use it and it's fast and simple! And the sounds quality is perfect!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Apparently you didn't read his thread...he isn't looking for a ringtone creator, he's looking for a missing sub folder.

To the OP...have you checked your general settings to see if the ringtone folder is checked/unchecked? Besides that, i really haven't a clue, but i know one time, for whatever reason, my ringtone folder was unchecked and i had to go in and check it again to make it appear...worked like a charm.

itsdrewbruv

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh right my bad, that's happened to me in the past after an iTunes update and I reinstalled iTunes and it were back!

Maybe that will work for you also!