iTunes Storage?

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey TiPb'ers.
Ive got a slight problem storing iTunes files on my computer now. Ive got a 320 GB hard drive and I only have 3 gigs left. How do you all store your iTunes files? Are they on a portable drive or have you upgraded your HDD? I want to do something and dont know the best way to go. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

boss75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a PC that I built for gaming. It's pretty large and roomy so I have 3 hdd's installed. 2 500 gigers and a 350. I keep all my music on one of the 500 gig drives, games on another 500 gig drive, and then the OS is on the 350 along with a few programs. The drive with music has about 100g left. I like this method because it keeps every neat and tidy but I've been tossing around the idea of getting a 1 terabyte external and moving all my music and videos over to it. I haven't done it yet tho because it would be a pain in the ass to tell iTunes where to find all my music again.

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm running a laptop and don't really have the option to add another hdd. I bought an external 1TB hdd but I think it would be a PITA to have to connect it every time I sync or want to watch something on the apple tv.

I might return it and get one of those wifi external hard drives and put everything on that and see how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have 3 hard drives. A velociraptor hosting my windows system files. A secondary holding my pics, misc and iTunes stuff and a 3rd only used for adult content.

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I Use the iomega home media drive for both iTunes and the (built in) time machine backup. It can be a pain to remember to mount my iTunes disk, but has lots of space.

Now, where to backup the iTunes library...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I too am facing the same problem. I just back up manually to a 1TB external drive and time machine as well to the same drive. I would like to hook it up to my network. I was considering a drobo but I've seen mixed reviews and alot saying it crashes. Rene says he has one what's your take on it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My main machine is a Macbook Pro with a 320GB hard drive. I run both Windows and Mac OS X. I have two external 1TB hard drives one firmatted for Mac OS X and one formatted for Windows. I shoot in RAW which are huge files but I save those to TIFFs which are huge too. So I save all files to the external drives. I keep my iTunes library, OS, and application files on the local drive everything else goes to external. If there are files I'll need on either OS or at home are in my dropbox. I routinely check and empty my Temp folder on the Windows side. If you or anyone uses photoshop or just in general you should always check and empty your Temp folder. If photoshop and other software crash while you're working in it they leave huge temp files. They can be upwards of 1GB sometimes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner