iTunes 10 syncing Q.

Hachihead

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded the new iTunes 10 onto my new laptop.Plugged in my iPhone and want to sync the new music from my laptop onto the iPhone.
iTunes has none of the music from my iPhone in the Music library so im assuming if i try and sync it the iPhone/iTunes will erase all the songs i have on the phone and replace them with the little new music I have on the laptop.

Is this so?,and how can I avoid it?

Thanks

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Just downloaded the new iTunes 10 onto my new laptop.Plugged in my iPhone and want to sync the new music from my laptop onto the iPhone.
iTunes has none of the music from my iPhone in the Music library so im assuming if i try and sync it the iPhone/iTunes will erase all the songs i have on the phone and replace them with the little new music I have on the laptop.

Is this so?,and how can I avoid it?

Thanks

Couple of things that you can do, one is to move your iTunes library from your old computer to your new one. Depending on the size of your library you can use a flash drive or external hard drive to do this. The other thing that you can do that is to transfer the purchases from your iPhone to your new computer. To do this right click on your iPhone or iPod and select the "Transfer Purchases" option and let iTunes do it's thing. The only problem with this method is that it will not transfer music that you burned in, only music that you bought.

Hope that helps.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly what he said, you need to copy the iTunes folder from your old computer, usually under My Music. Then put it on the new computer in the same location and iTunes should automatically read from it pulling in all your library. If you had imported music into your library you'll need to copy that to the same location on the new computer as well or your iTunes library will not be able to find the music since it will be looking in the same place as the previous location and find nothing.

parabel

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Another way is using a tool like iFunBox (no jailbreak required) to copy the existing music from the iPhone to your computer's iTunes library.
Then you can let iTunes erase the existing music on the iPhone and re-sync it with your library which now includes your old and your new music.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner