Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

44 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts

Default Itunes Question

Im not sure if this is right section to post this or not - If Not Mods please move to where it needs to go.

I have a client that uses Itunes religiously. Well his computer crashed, I rebuilt it ground up. I was able to salvage all files etc it was just the OS that crashed.

Anyways. We got all of his Itunes songs back in, but when he tries to play them it prompts him for his Itunes Password. We've authorized the computer to play the songs, we've entered the correct password etc but it never will play - Im assuming because of the DRM.

So is there a way to remove the DRM so they can just play the song?
    iPhone Intermediate

484 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Assuming these are iTunes format songs, and operating under the assumption that he was the purchaser of the songs, you can try converting them from m4a to mp3. That might work.

Otherwise, open a support ticket with Apple. They should be able to sort it out. I've had to do that in the past when I needed to authorize a new computer because one died.