iTunes-Authorising two computers

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Dear members,i have a problem!I am using two computers for syncing with my iphone 4 but i noticed all my outlook settings will go on one computer when using the other,which means in effect i have to continue putting new settings all the time OR alternatively use only one computer which is not what i want!HOW DO I USE BOTH SYSTEMS WITHOUT CONTINUE INPUTTING NEW SETINGS?Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There really is no great way to sync an iPhone to two computers.

Set one computer to not sync with Outlook for starters. You will have to do everything manually and choose what to sync.

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
There really is no great way to sync an iPhone to two computers.

Set one computer to not sync with Outlook for starters. You will have to do everything manually and choose what to sync.[/QUOTE}

Thanks Alli, always depends on you!

Mrkovach

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
You can sync with two computers if both computers share the same iTunes library. I have my iTunes library on a remote portable drive attached to a Mac Mini. When I'm at home ,I boot up my MacBook Pro and Option launch iTunes. This asks the user where the iTunes library is located. You then point it to the location on remote drive. Now you can sync your iPhone. The iPhone sync is tied to the iTunes Library not the computer. When you are on the road, you can continue to add media etc. ITunes will add it to internal drive library. When you get back home , use the consolidate feature to transfer media from your portable notebook to the remote disk library. It works quite well , but a sync can be slow with a remote iTunes library. Try to Google for details.
Good luck
Mike

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yikes! That's why I originally said "There really is no great way to sync an iPhone to two computers."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner