Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Creating new Itunes and not losing Iphone content

Hi everybody,
    I recently split from by boyfriend and he used to sync my iphone and his on his Mac.(only one itunes account). Now while I still have an Iphone, I do not know how not to lose all the content (music, picures, videos, apps I have on it if I create my own Itunes on my pc.
    Can you please let me know what to do?

iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

You can purchase a 3rd party app so that you can save your music and videos. Your photos you will have to email to yourself to save. The apps are tired to that iTunes account, so as soon as you get your own account you will have to purchase all your apps all over again.
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

3rd party can help you ut !
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

One such app is TuneAid.
    iMore Intermediate

302 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

You can actually save your photos and videos by connecting your iPhone up to your computer, opening up the folder that appears and transferring all your photos and videos from it to your PC. It will show you all of the photos and videos you've taken with the iPhone, NOT the ones that were synced to the phone with the other iTunes account. This can be done without even opening iTunes.

You need to make sure your iTunes account on your computer is set up to "Manually add music and videos" and not to sync other things or else it will erase what's currently on your phone. But as was mentioned, you can obtain a program that will allow you to extract the photos that were synced and other items on your phone to save on your account.
    Last edited by Watcher; 10-18-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    TiPb Forum Staff

700 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Like Watcher said download all the video and pics taken on the phone using windows explorer;

As Alli said get a thrid party piece of software, i recommend iPhonebrowser;

get all the music off then you can just plug you phone into iTunes tell it to back up then do a restore using that back up.

that will link it to the iTunes account and transfers all your contacts to (enter your sync client here my goes to outlook on my PC).

then you should be set.

I change my Laptop out every year so ive done this a few times.
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

HI I got an Iphone 2g which is unblocked as second hand I want to put music from my itunes (on laptop put on manually as had no interent connection at the time) can I transfer some of these tunes to my iphone without updating itunes which I have heard might reblock my phone - thanks for your help in advance.