Restore backup failures with iPhone 4 ios 4.1 / iTunes 10 / Windows 7

cbr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I recently had an issue with my music not being able to sync to my iPhone. On the advice of Apple I created a backup and restored my iPhone. Upon restore it allowed me to select the backup to restore, and I selected not the most recent but the one that was created on September 28th (update: I also tried the other 4 backups I had as well including a new one after the restore with the same results). When trying to restore it failed with the following error.

Unable to complete restore......backup session failed.

I am 100% sure the backups were successful (or so it seemed) so I contacted iTunes support. They stepped me through all of the processes of removing iTunes 10 and all of the various Apple software and doing a clean install and trying again and I had the same result.

After 5 calls with support, 30$ out of my pocket for my 1 time issue fee, and an entire day lost to wasted time doing the same thing over and over, I was escalated to the highest level tech. He then informed me that it is a known issue and there is no fix. Now this sucks, I can no longer restore any backup I created and now I have lost heaps of data. Luckily I sync my contacts to my Outlook.

I know several have had this issue, can anyone tell me if they have found any sort of solution?

Here are my details.

iPhone 4
iTunes 10
iOS 4.1

Last edited:

cbr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm shocked there have been no responses.

I heard back from Apple and they said if you run iTunes as an Adminsitrator it would work. I tried that with the same result.

Anyone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR