Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

10 Posts

Default iTunes: Please re-enter credit card information

Is anyone else caught in this loop?

iTunes stopped accepting my credit card that had been working fine for over a year. Nothing changed about the card (confirmed with bank). iTunes says my information doesn't match my bank. No matter what I try, I get this same message. I've tried re-entering the information, I've tried other cards, nothing works.

I've contacted iTUnes support, none of their suggestions work. They do not acknowledge a problem.

Apple Store support forums have multiple long threads about many people having this problem. They say it is a defect with new anti-fraud software that sends you into this loop. Your account can be unblocked, but attempting to make a new purchase triggers the block and the loop again.

This can't be a small isolated problem. I personally know 3 people affected by it. Yet I don't hear anything about it in blogs or the media. Surely iTunes sales must be taking a nose dive because of this.

I am frustrated that Apple will not acknowledge this problem and say they are working on it. An iPhone without access to iTunes or the App store is NOT what I paid for.
    iPhone Newbie

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I had the same issue, However when I re-entered my billing info it accepted it.
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Been fighting the same thing last cc info I entered seemed to of worked.