Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default How to downgrade iTunes...

I purchased an iPhone 4 and, before I realized what I was doing, upgraded it to 4.02. I then upgraded to 4.1 and began the wait for a jailbreak option. Today, the phone malfunctioned and the Apple Store kindly replaced it with a new handset that had 4.01 installed. I only noticed the iOS version when I was attempting to Restore from iTunes, and it notified me that I couldn't restore because the iOS version was out of date (I would have to set it up as a New Phone and then Restore).

In the meantime, I jailbroke the phone. The problem is that now, I can't get my 80 or so apps back on the phone without loading them one-at-a-time from the App Store on the phone.

Is there a way for me to get iTunes to recognize the phone under 4.01? If I lose the backup on iTunes, that's OK. The apps, movies and songs would still be available, I'd just have to reload everything (right?).

I have downloaded "iPhone3,1_4.01_8A30_Restore.ipsw". Now what do I do?
    iPhone Beginner

81 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

try this, it may help

iPhone Intermediate

366 Posts

Don't you have the apps backup in Itunes? You should be able to just check the apps you want and resync them back onto the new phone.
    Last edited by myzhi; 09-13-2010 at 11:59 PM.