iTunes 10 Thoughts

Tkf

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
It's not out yet but what are your thoughts on it?

Ping I think is stupid and an EVEN stupider name. There's already an App called Ping in the Appstore. It's Twitter for iTunes which we don't need. It's going to slow down iTunes ALOT (Windows)!

New icon wow!....No.

AirTunes good. For those we need it. Good work!

A comment from the Blog Post
Ask for a music manager that will let me restore my library from device to computer, watch directores and add new files to library and not run like a pig on Windows and what do you get: a social network.

F-ing idiots.

I strongly agree! This version of iTunes should be 9.3.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Don't know how it performs yet so I'll hold off on bashing it's bloat for now. I don't know when I'll use Ping or if I will.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, I can see Ping being a huge hit, especially when music artists start using it and what not.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
To me it seems that people are really missing the big picture. Ping was a very smart move my Apple, social media and networking is driving more traffic on the web then any other content source on the web. It only makes sense that Apple would get into social networking at some point and tying it into iTunes seems like a great move. I know that myself and most of people that I know will use it. As for it being slow on Windows, well I think that it really depends on the kind of machine that you are using. My GF just got a new Windows laptop and iTunes seems almost as fast on her machine as it does on my macbook pro.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a nice step up. I think these are going to be great changes and new options. The fixes are cool- so I just can't see how it could be a bad thing.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, guys, but iTunes is already a pig application... the LAST thing that it needs is more bloat... and Apple does NOT need to be in the social networking environment. Period.

Now, wanna know what I really think? :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Did anyone actually get iTunes 10 yet? They even have it up on the main page and still when I get to the download page it says 9.2.1 and that 10 is coming soon.

Now it says you're downloading 10 but I got 9.2.1 again.

Last edited:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited for ping. It's a new take on social networking and it's focus is actually about something other then your friend jenny being a whore. I love music, and I see this as actually being useful. I think ping on the iphone should have been an optional app to download, not just automatically added in to itunes on the phone. That said, I hate facebook and want it to die. That's my .02

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Dunno, wasn't interested enough to check. Jailbreak beats ping.

Just more features aimed at the kiddies. Just like gamecenter. Apple definitely targets the unwashed masses. Starting to be a turn off.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Dunno, wasn't interested enough to check. Jailbreak beats ping.

Just more features aimed at the kiddies. Just like gamecenter. Apple definitely targets the unwashed masses. Starting to be a turn off.

Targeting the zombie hordes is where the money is at.

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded it, off to check it out.

Don't understand all of the negative feedback about Ping. If it's not your cup of tea, don't turn on the feature. I'm going to predict that it's going to be a big hit especially if Apple can get a good selection of artists to use it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone actually get iTunes 10 yet? They even have it up on the main page and still when I get to the download page it says 9.2.1 and that 10 is coming soon.

Now it says you're downloading 10 but I got 9.2.1 again.

Yes... got 10.0.0.68 and have it installed... so far, so-so...

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just downloaded iT10 but yet I do not see Ping...Where do I have to "turn it on"?

EDIT : Nevermind, I reinstalled.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not overly impressed with the look of it and the way the music is laid out in the columns.

Like everything else that changes and evolves... eventually we all get used to it... there isn't many choices for the care and feeding of the Apple products... so i guess we all just have to get used to it... *sigh*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711