Using iTunes to make ringtones

shane306

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Help using iTunes to make ringtones

Hello, I'm new to making threads. I've looked at other threads and didn't seem to find my answer. In the past I used to used iTunes to make my ringtones from songs in my library by the creating AAC method and changing the extension to .m4r. But now it doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm running the latest iTunes and I have an iPhone 4 w/latest update. Could someone help me out with what is probably a very simple solution that I'm doing wrong now.

Last edited:

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps Apple fixed things in either the latest iTunes or iOS update that prevents you from being able to do that now??? Its all about $$$ for them.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you have GarageBand, you can make them in there (at least for non-DRM tracks). I've been doing it for years.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
They did fix it where this no longer works. I use to do this all the time. Just more Apple BS to try to force folks to buy them for iTunes or use an App that you must buy that includes them. There are still ways around this though!

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
+1 for iRinger, simple to DL, simple to use, and it puts your newly created tones right in your ringtone folder in your iTunes library

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
myxer.com works better, no downloading required. AND you can use DRM songs. Also, there's phonezoo.com both work extremely well and you can upload drm tracks.