Itunes trying to force a restore and update when clicking restore

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey all I'm jailbroken on 3.1.2 on my 3GS but am having a world of problems. Its been right at a year now on Blackra1n. So I have a backup saved on Rock and I'm going to restore and than re-jailbreak.

The problem is...

When I click restore it says Itunes will restore and update to newest software.

So I'm now sure what to do.

Thanks
Josh

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I right clicked on devices when iphone popped up and chose restore from backup. Seems Apple is trying to be a little sneaky when you click restore under the summary page and telling you, you have to go to 4.0 after a restore. Everything seems to be going ok. Restoring from a backup now. I'm gonna use Blackra1n again and see the phone acts.

It was freezing on exit of every screen after pressing the home button. And would lock up on Ipod. SMS messages without any notification. And I would have to reset the phone about 5 times a day to get it to unfreeze.

Josh

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I just restored from a backup from yesterday. And It went through the whole 5-7 minutes process, rebooted the phone etc, re-synced music. But it kept my jailbreak and all apps. I didn't know this was possible. I got some issues with the jailbreak going on. And want to restore from a plane 3.1.2 from a year ago after the 3.1.1 to 3.2.1 update when mms was activated. Can I do this somehow?

Or even can I reinstall Blackra1n with Blackra1n currently already installed?

Josh

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just restored from a backup from yesterday. And It went through the whole 5-7 minutes process, rebooted the phone etc, re-synced music. But it kept my jailbreak and all apps. I didn't know this was possible. I got some issues with the jailbreak going on. And want to restore from a plane 3.1.2 from a year ago after the 3.1.1 to 3.2.1 update when mms was activated. Can I do this somehow?

Or even can I reinstall Blackra1n with Blackra1n currently already installed?

Josh

Only if you have your shsh backed up from 3.1.2

And again, you are NOT restoring correctly. Press SHIFT+RESTORE. Right clicking on the device only restores the info from the profile not restore the firmware.

Please be sure to read and reread if needed, if you do not wish to do things the correct way, its a waste of time to troubleshoot.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods