Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

249 Posts

Default Sync iTunes to New iPhone

I managed to get a new iPhone and notebook computer at the same time. I had to get the notebook because the other one died. On that same note, my 3GS never met my notebook.

Having said that, how do I get my music to sync to the phone? Somehow iTunes shows all songs in the playlist but it does not play and it ask if I want to find them. The path (as they are stored on a NAS) looks like localhost; /filepath.

Is there something I can do to get all of the music that use to be in iTunes to sync to my new phone? I do not want all music in my collection (as I only have a 32GB phone).

I realize that this may be a difficult request so thank you in advance for your help.
    iMore Guru

1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

You would need to transfer all of you info from your old notebook to the new one. On a Mac it is called the migration assistant. Then your new phone should be recognized by the new computer and your info in iTunes should all be there